Buy GS1 UPC Barcodes
1 – 10
$400 (incl. GS1 fee $250)
$150 (incl. GS1 fee $50)
1 – 100
$1000 (incl. GS1 fee $750)
$300 (incl. GS1 fee $150)
1 – 1,000
$4,500 (incl. GS1 fee $2,500)
$730 (incl. GS1 fee $500)
Expedite Obtaining GS1 Company Prefix:
- Obtain unique licensed GS1 Company Prefix to create UPC assignments
- Establish account at GS1 US Data Repository (Data Hub)
- Assist in assigning UPC numbers (GTINs) and calculating check digits
- Assist assigning GTINs to outer packaging, when necessary
- Provide template to add product data to GS1 data repository
- Validate and upload UPC data to GS1 data repository
Facilitate Barcode Identification:
- Single sheet of printed UPC labels is provided for each assigned UPC
- Provide 1 digital barcode file for first UPC. Additional GS1 certified digital barcode files available from www.createbarcodes.com $10 each.
- Assistance with barcode location for products and packaging
- Assist with Amazon barcode label marking, when necessary
- 50% discount on standard UPC barcode testing fees. (Standard fee $50)
CALL (800)662-0701 X220 or use CHAT BELOW
Information on Alternatives to GS1 for Obtaining UPC Barcodes
Please be advised that there are third-party companies on the internet who offer to sell single UPC bar codes for discount rates. Most of the main retailers will not accept their numbers since their supply chains are dependent on unique GS1 Company Prefixes. Quite SIMPLY, buying “upc barcodes” from any organization other than GS1 US puts you at risk for acceptance by retailers. There may be smaller retailers and online marketplaces which do not require a unique GS1 Company Prefix. However, if you plan on someday selling to any larger retailer in the future, you do not want to have your products marked with UPC barcodes which may not be accepted.
Most retailers have a formal policy regarding accepting UPC barcodes which are DIRECTLY assigned from GS1 US. The following list is just a small sampling of retailers who will only accept products with UPC barcodes and GS1 Company Prefixes assigned directly by GS1 US.
*The retailers listed have explicit instructions or guidelines on their supplier requirements. Most other retailers (small and large) simply request suppliers to follow GS1 guidelines and they are not aware of the damaging reseller market.
- Home Depot
- Whole Foods
- Best Buy
- True Value
- Jo-Anne Stores
- Dicks Sporting Goods
If you are solely need a UPC for an online store (i.e.your website) you may be able to use an assignment from a reseller. Please visit www.singleupc.com .